Oct. 2017

Oct. 2017

Friday, March 22, 2013

18 Months for Koyle

Can you believe Koyle has been with us for 18 months? I can. It seems like he was always part of our family. We have been anxiously awaiting this day so we can send Koyle to the nursery on Sunday. Well, Justin has been anticipating it more than me because being the awesome dad that he is, he takes Koyle during church about 99% of the time. He made me take him the last week and we spent most of Relief Society out in the hallway...screaming. Anyways-today we took him in for his 18 month well check and to get the last of his immunizations for a few years! So here is a good old fashioned Koyle update.
Height: 2 ft 10 in
Weight: 22.2 lbs
Teeth: 12 ?? I am pretty sure but he is asleep so I can't check.
Communication: Koyle is learning new words everyday. I think my favorite thing he does is call Justin "gum". He doesn't actually say gum, but he will chomp his mouth to tell us he wants gum. Justin had been secretly giving Koyle gum for a while before I found out. Koyle now has a serious gum feddish and since Justin is the one that gives it to him, he uses his chomping to indicate Dad. His words that he will say independently include: owl, bubble, ball (including baseball and basketball), thank you, mom, bath, book, Matthew, fish (kind of, he makes the f sound), go, up, no-no, duck/quack, banana, boat. There are probably a few more, and he is adding new words every day. He still signs eat and does his funny sound for drink, and will refer to many things by the sound they make (puppy, train, car, etc.). He will also try to mimic almost anything you say and is getting better and better at actually saying new words. Koyle relies a lot on body language, facial expressions, and sounds; he is quite good at all three.
Motor Skills: Koyle has mastered the run, and he is adorable when he runs. He also loves to jump; or should I say throw his body forward/up and then fall on the ground. He is climbing better these days as well. The other day I found him up on the kitchen chair. Fine motor I can't think of any great examples right now. He likes to put the pieces in Mr. Potato head and he loves to write on the whiteboard.
Sleep: Koyle has been sleeping like a champ at night. He goes to bed at 8 and sleeps until 7 or 7:30. We even had about a week after the time change where he slept in until 8. He takes one nap in the afternoon around 12:30. He usually sleeps for about an hour and a half with the occasional longer or shorter nap.
Social/Play: He loves to mimic what Matthew is doing which means they are starting to play together more and more. He enjoys dancing to music and watching videos of himself. He loves Mickey Mouse and all stuffed animals. Koyle is very friendly and will give you a very joyful hello and high five. Has really loved reading books lately, playing with trains, basketball, and playing with the silverware. He started doing thumbs up the other day and it is adorable because he also extends his pointer finger so it looks like a gun.
Koyle makes the best faces. He does this nose scrunchy thing that melts my heart every time. I am going to try and get a picture of it/get it on camera. All of his faces are fantastic. I think I will miss his faces the most when he grows up. There are a million more things I could say about Koyle. This is my favorite stage and I am just eating him up every day!! Makes me want to go kiss his cheeks just thinking about him.


1 comment:

Tami said...

Man he's cute. Counting the days to see them again--can't wait! Twill be fun to get to enjoy church a bit while that little red head marches into nursery - Wahoooo!!! Celebrate!!! Not that you want to get rid of him, just get to go to church for a reason other than roaming the halls for three hours because of a little boy's energy. Good times. His daddy NEVER would go to nursery, the little stink was a stubborn booger!!!