Oct. 2017

Oct. 2017

Sunday, January 13, 2013

I am in love

Since we left super early in the morning to drive back to Texas we had the privilege of watching the sunrise as we were driving through the Utah mountains. It was BEAUTIFUL folks! Justin had the boys at this point so I was all by myself and it was a wonderful peaceful moment. I managed to snap a few pictures.


 This one is my favorite. It did make going home a little bittersweet to know I was leaving such views behind and heading back to my less than scenic life in Lubbock. But if you ever need to reconnect with God or nature, just try driving through the mountains at sunrise.
Since we had lots of trunk space now, our parents sent us home with a few goodies: lots and lots of MEAT!! Hurray for meat. My grandparents raise cows and butcher them. My whole life I grew up with an entire freezer full of beef. We had steak, roasts and hamburgers at our disposal. The first time I actually had to buy beef from a grocery store was in college and I thought there was something wrong with it because I had never used fresh, unfrozen hamburger. Anyways, we have a little saying that my parents passed on to us that says we can't afford to not go home. And oh how true that is. Since moving to Lubbock we have only bought hamburger twice and it has been a very very long time since we have had a roast to cook. So that fact that there is no room for ice cream in my freezer isn't bugging me at all. I am so blessed to come from a beef family and so glad I had room to bring a little love home with me.
 We also got some corn and my grandma sent me home with a box of green beans and pickles, and a gunny sack full of potatoes and onions. Grandparents with cellars are the best!!
 This one is for you mom. It got a little out of order. My parents just got called to help with our ward's trek this year and they are doing the Hole in the Rock pioneers; so I couldn't resist taking a picture as we drove by.
 Matthew and Koyle have loved being home, although they really miss grandma's house.

 The boys have enjoyed playing with the boxes laying around, especially the big box from my new vacuum. And that folks, brings me to my new love. My dear in-laws gave us this beauty for Christmas. It is a Dyson Ball. If you don't have one folks, you need to get one. I could go on and on about how awesome it is. I will limit myself to my two favorite things...well maybe three. First the ball is cool and it really is easy to move around and get to places. Second, is the awesome attachments. My old vacuum that wasn't really a true full size vacuum didn't have any attachments so that fact that I even have attachments is a big deal. But this one is so cool and easy to use. The handle slides up and comes off and voila! you are ready to vacuum via attachment. The long handle thing means I was able to vacuum ALL the edges in my house without ever having to bend down and crawl on the floor. I can hardly wait until I am pregnant so I can really appreciate this feature. My third favorite thing is the cyclone technology that means this vacuum is able to never loose suction and it gets the most microdust than any other vacuum on the market! (Yes, Dyson should hire me for advertising.) But really. Check out the dirt that came out of just my boys' bedroom; and they do not have a big room.

 Kind of disgusting, but so cool at the same time. My entire house has officially been vacuumed and it is so clean. I LOVE IT. Oh, and I have to add a 4th thing. It is a multisurface vacuum so it will vacuum all the tile in my house too. And since I am endlessly sweeping my kitchen floor, I am excited about this too.
Okay, enough about the vacuum. I will leave you with one last goody. Something about little boys and puddles...they are drawn to each other.



1 comment:

Myranda said...

Well, I've said it once and I'll see it a million times over...I am SO jealous! (of the vacuum) I might have to create a vacuum envelope in my budget so I can finally get me a nice one. :)