Well, we survived to the first test. We did REALLY great until the last two days, and then we kind of tanked. So now we are making up with Christmas festivities and such. Last night we went to our friends' Christmas party. It was a lot of fun. We ate yummy cookies, had a rootbeer tasting competition...which I won!, and did a white elephant exchange. A fun night out, even if Matthew and Riggs had snowball fights and sword fights and got into things they shouldn't all night. (Thanks for being a good sport Brittany). This morning we cleaned the house because it was a little crazy. The boys were getting restless and so we turned Rudolph on for them. I gave Koyle a cookie and his blanket and he fell asleep on the couch. There is a first time for everything folks!

I love his sleeping face. And it is something I don't get to see very often.

And of course Matthew wanted me to take a picture of him.
And then Justin decided it was time to finally finish my Christmas wreath. I started it a few weeks ago and have been keeping it safe in his clothes drawer. So he sat down with me and we busted it out. It turned out great and I was so glad to finally find a good use for all those Christmas balls I have been storing since my wedding.
This afternoon we took the boys to see Santa Clause. Instead of battling the mall crowd, we took him to a little shopping complex where we heard Santa might be. We found him right as we walked up and Matthew got so giddy and started giggling and dancing around. He wasted no time in asking Santa his question he had been dying to know, "How do you exercise Santa?" Santa hesitated for only a moment and then answered, "All the walking."

True to character Matthew was a little shy and didn't spend a lot of time with Santa but did nothing but talk about the experience until he fell asleep in the car on the way home. Koyle didn't love Santa as much but in his defense he fell asleep on the way there and was pretty tired.
They also had a free carriage ride around the parking lot. Matthew loved the jingle bells on the horses. It was a low key, noncommercial Santa visit...just the way I like it.
And I remembered I have never posted pictures of my awesome chairs. They really are so fabulous.

One more week until are driving to Idaho. Lots to do, lots to do. But we can hardly wait.
1 comment:
That was a great Santa and sleigh ride find. So fun and cute. And oh my Koyle is getting so so big, but I guess Michael is too so it makes sense.
Post a Comment