Oct. 2017

Oct. 2017

Tuesday, October 2, 2012

September

Matthew always looks so handsome all dressed up in his suit. I learned the downside to buying your toddler a real suit though. He peed his pants at church one week, which meant we had to pay to get his pants dry cleaned. Lame.

Why not wear your pants on your head? I can't remember now who or what he was pretending to be. But he is always pretending to be someone. The other day he drew lines on his face for a mustache (he is kind of in to mustaches) and called himself Captain Hook all day long! 

He is wanting to outgrow his nap. Which I am okay with. I can't complain because I got him to take naps this long. One day that he hadn't taken a nap he asked for a snack while I was cooking dinner. After a few minutes of quiet I wondered what he was up to. He had taken one bite out of his cracker before crashing!

One night after Justin left to study he called to tell me that the tractor across the street was running if I wanted to take the boys to watch. Matthew is always talking about the tractor so we walked to the end of the road and sat down to enjoy the show. I think lots of people who passed by were really confused at what we might be doing just sitting on the sidewalk staring at the road.

I really do exist! I am never in pictures, but I managed to snap this one of us together. Koyle wouldn't cooperate so he isn't in the picture.

This is what we were watching across the street. Matthew always asks to go watch the tractor again but we haven't seen it out. This farmer seems to just plough the field occasionally but not ever do anything with it.

Matthew is SOOOOO into football these days. Slam tackles. Defense. Quarterback. Goal Posts. Broncos. To keep things exciting Justin teaches him football stuff. He had him doing high knees and up down drills the other day. And he was drawing plays out on the board and Matthew would choose which guy he wanted to be and then they would go run the play in the family room. Pretty cute!

After 3 failed attempts at doing something exciting last Saturday, we ended up just walking around the mall. We let the boys ride on the tractor together!

Adorable. Koyle LOVES his shoes. I have to hide them sometimes because if he can see or find them he will beg to have them put on. And then he usually wants to go outside. Matthew was never really into shoes so this has been fun because the kid seriously loves shoes.

Need some help? No, I like it this way! 

Also adorable! Koyle always enjoys our daily walk to the mailbox.

For some reason I think it is so cute when Koyle sits on the couch. This day he wasn't feeling well due to immunizations and catching a cold. He just sat on the couch eating his cheerios and drinking his water. Wearing his shoes, of course!

Koyle LOVES sitting and riding on things. Especially Matthew's bike. Sometimes we will bring it in the house and let him sit on it and ride it around the house. (By that I mean, we get to push him around on it.) This day he just had to have the helmet on when he sat on the bike. I didn't mind because he was so stinkin cute in that helmet!

3 comments:

Sarah said...

They are too cute! My boys would have gone crazy over the tractor too!

Becca said...

I love the football teaching. Best and cutest thing EVER!

J&K Gallacher said...

Yay for cute boys! I really hope that Rachel and Matthew grow up and get married! And he really is so stinkin' handsome in that suit. Bummer for accidents...especially on Sundays. Glad to see you in a pic too! You look great, as usual. :)