As promised, Matthew started wearing big boy underwear yesterday, on his birthday. Let me just tell you he is doing fabulous! People have told me that with boys you just have to wait until they are ready, and if you do then it will be easy. Matthew has finally decided he is ready, which is a good thing because I wasn't sure how ready I was to tackle the nightmare of potty training again. But so far, after 1 1/2 days, it has been a dream rather than a nightmare. He gets so excited to wear his undies and he loves sitting on the potty, getting train stickers, and best of all, chocolate chips. We had 3 accidents yesterday, all before noon, but we had 11 successes! Yes, he went to the bathroom 11 times yesterday (and that is not counting the 3 accidents). He is filling up his train poster a littler faster than anticipated and I'm not sure what I'm going to do when he reaches the top. I guess I need to get his prize ordered soon. Today he even pooped on the potty, of his own accord. I keep thinking this must be too good to be true and that he will start digressing after a few days, the way he did last time. But I think that this is here to stay.
So we just need to keep practicing for a few days before I trust taking him out places. And we need to work on staying dry while sleeping. Matthew HAS to have water with him when he goes to bed and I'm not sure how we are going to stop that habit, but we need to if he is going to go dry through the night. Life is good.
This is Matthew's train chart. The numbers are not in order because he is having fun picking out which car to put on the train each time. I added some stars to the track and when he makes it to a star he gets a special surprise. The first time I let him do shaving cream and he was in heaven. Now that is all he wants to do for his special surprise which is fine by me because it is easy!
One of my favorite moments yesterday was when Matthew started singing, "Go me, go me, go me, I peein on the potty. Go me!" So adorable. I also smile every time he yells, "I feel the pee comin" and takes off running to the bathroom. We have a lot of false alarms, but that is okay : ) He has also taken a special liking to the extra bathroom, I think because that is where he went potty for the first time because Koyle was asleep in the boys room. Now that is the only potty he wants to use. Last night he was in the bathtub in his room, and he ran out and used the other bathroom. Silly boy! Looks I really will have 3 bathrooms to keep clean.
2 comments:
Way to go, Matthew! That's exactly what happened with Jay. He did not get potty trained until HE decided he wanted to do it. Now I hardly even think about it any more, and I thought this day would never come. :) Shaving cream is an awesome idea.
Only Carissa would let her child smear shaving cream all over himself and her table and call it fun. I have a picture of you smearing ranch dip all over our table at that age. I didn't think it was such a great idea. Luck boy to have such a nice mommy!
Post a Comment