I will spare you the pictures of me running-it was not a pretty shot. I ran into my friend Kelli Pease from high school and it was great to see her and catch up.
Oct. 2017
Sunday, June 10, 2012
Road Race
My mom has been running for a couple years now and so I told her that I wanted to run a race with her this summer; I was hoping it would motivate me to get into shape. As life goes, I only went running about twice before hand to get ready for the race-oh well. All my sisters ended up doing it with us (except Jacque who got stuck at work last minute). We ran the Race for the Cure 5k in Boise and it was a lot of fun. Right as we started I realized I should have gone to the bathroom before I started, and then lo and behold, there were some port a potty's. So after stopping for a short potty break we were off again. I kept up with my mom the whole way and she was really pushing me. We had to stop right before the finish line at a light while the policemen let cars go by. Seriously-right before the finish line. I was somewhat annoyed but secretly grateful for a little breather because I wanted to push it hard to the end with my mom but I was getting pretty tired. We never saw our official time but by my watch we were right about 30 minutes. Not too bad for not having trained. It was invigorating and I think I could get into doing road races. And hey, I don't even have to train for them! : ) So much for it being motivating!!

I will spare you the pictures of me running-it was not a pretty shot. I ran into my friend Kelli Pease from high school and it was great to see her and catch up.
I will spare you the pictures of me running-it was not a pretty shot. I ran into my friend Kelli Pease from high school and it was great to see her and catch up.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Go Carissa! You are awesome! I am running a 5k with my sis in July, but I have definitely had to train. :)
You are a better woman than I! But an inspiration nonetheless!
Post a Comment