Oct. 2017

Oct. 2017

Thursday, October 6, 2011

All About Koyle


Finally a post about Baby Koyle. He has been a great baby so far which has made life manageable considering everything else. My favorite thing about him is when he is awake and he just lays there very still and looks around with his eyes; he is a very peaceful baby. I also love when he wakes up or wants some attention he will let out just one loud cry; it is so cute. So far he has proved to be a better sleeper than Matthew so hopefully that doesn't wear off with the newborn stage. He wakes up about every 3-4 hours at night to eat, but has gone for a 6 hour stretch a couple of times. : ) Nursing is going great as well. He is starting to stay awake more during the day which has been fun but I am also starting to have to figure out taking care of him along with Matthew and my home. Some days I do well, and other days...things get a little messy.
Our first family photo.


At his 2 week check up he weighed in at 8 lbs 2 oz. and 20 inches so he is growing well. Koyle does this weird gagging thing where it sounds like his stomach is coming up and he kind of gasps for air, but never actually spits up. (He does spit up, just not when he gags) I asked the doctor about it and she said it sounds like reflux. Oh goody! It hasn't been really bed though so for now I am just watching him to make sure he doesn't seem to be in pain and I try to keep him upright after eating. Hopefully it doesn't get worse.
His cord fell off on Sunday and he got to take his first real bath! He enjoyed it until I had to get him out and get him dressed. Koyle really doesn't enjoying getting changed or undressed. Matthew thought it was great to bathe with Koyle and when I came back into the bathroom after getting Koyle dressed Matthew had put the baby bath back into the tub and was trying it out himself.

4 comments:

Becca said...

SO CUTE!!!

Evans Family said...

I love the hat pictures! Can't wait to see you!

Whitney and Greg said...

Cute!!! Charley hates getting out of the bath and getting dressed too!! Every time I dress her, I tell her she has to get used to it because its going to happen every day for the rest of her life! :)

J&K Gallacher said...

Life with two sounds so exciting!!!...mostly. :) I'm glad the adjustment is going well and that Koyle is keeping it fairly easy. I'll be joining your ranks in a few weeks here. Got any tips?