This weekend we took our friends home to share our love of western Idaho with them. It was a lot of fun but jam packed. Friday Matthew got to hang out with grandma and grandpa Koyle (and Lindy) while we went rafting. I was the car chauffeur since I didn't feel like braving the river with my large belly.

That night we went out to eat at Big Judd's. Alan & Erin had heard about this restaurant and were told that you couldn't go to Boise without eating there. Ironically, none of us had ever really even heard of it. But we went to check it out. They are famous for their one pound and two pound hamburger, so of course Justin had to try it out. He got the one pound burger and the thing was HUGE. He ate his entire milkshake and drank a big glass of water before getting his burger so he only made it through half. He didn't get his picture on the wall, but maybe another time. Alan's hamburger was pretty large as well; it had onion rings on it. The food was really yummy but I don't think it was out of this world good.


Then they wanted to see the famous blue turf so we took them by Boise State on the way home.
Saturday we went boating up at Arrowrock. The weather was beautiful and the water was perfect. Matthew really loved the tube and he even enjoyed just swimming in the lake. He would jump off the back of the boat into the lake all by himself. I went on a little tube ride and then had to be content to watch everybody else play in the water, which was sad because it was such a beautiful day that I actually wanted to get in and try skiing and surfing.

In one part of the lake there are 3 old tree trunks that stick up. Usually we know to avoid them but we didn't realize we were that close to them and while Justin was skiing he ran right over the top of one. Luckily he didn't get hurt but it was pretty funny to see him just standing up in the middle of the lake.
That night we went over to my house for a BBQ and hung out there for the evening. Sunday we went to church and then headed for home. Tami turned in her Christmas gift certificate and got to keep Matthew for the week. She was super excited. I keep having flashbacks of two summers ago when I had lots of time on my hands and was just waiting to have a baby. Only this time I do have plenty of things to keep me busy.
Anyways, we had a really fun time up in Idaho with our friends and getting to go out on the boat for the first and only time this summer. Idaho is the best-we love it!
3 comments:
It was great to hear Justin's Testimony on Sunday! Glad you guys had a great visit!
Tami must be in heaven with Matthew right now :-D
Looks like fun! Wish I could have been there to go rafting! Too bad you've got the big belly in the way. :) haha
Oh, and I totally didn't know they had a Big Judd's in Boise. They have two over here and they are very popular!
Post a Comment