Oct. 2017

Oct. 2017

Monday, November 2, 2009

What Have We Been Up To?

It's been a few weeks, so here's what we've been up to:
Last weekend we went up to Idaho on a hunting trip. Unfortunately, Justin didn't get his deer; but one of the other guys they were with did so they still got some meat. While we were there, we took Matthew and got his pictures taken which was fun. We also took some fun pictures of him in the leaves. I wrote a children's story while in Idaho for my sister in law. She had to use this website to publish a story but anybody could write and illustrate the story. It turned out pretty good actually.

One of Justin's mission companions died in a longboarding accident last week and we were able to go to a memorial service they held here for him; it always makes you reflect upon and appreciate everything you have when somebody your age dies. Robbi was a wonderful guy and I know Justin was blessed to know him.
Friday I went out to Eagle Mountain to my school class' Halloween program. It was a lot of fun to see the kids from my class last year-they are so darn cute! Saturday of course was Halloween. Matthew is growing fast and his costume didn't quite fit him as well as it did 3 weeks ago when I made it. But it worked for a little bit. Matthew was a basketball, Justin was a basketball player, and I was a dancer (a little flash back to high school). We went trick-or-treating to my cousin Chris and then went and saw a family friend. Then we had our annual scones and wassail party. A few of our stayed and we played Phase 10 which didn't get over until 2 a.m.!! It was fun to party like we were young again! Unfortunately Matthew didn't sleep well that night, but we got to take a nice Sunday nap.

Life is keeping us busy as it always does, but we are happy and enjoying the ride! Oh, and did I mention I have the cutest little boy ever?

8 comments:

Brittany H said...

You DO have the cutest little boy ever. Holy smokes he's cute. I'm liking the flashback from high school!

I was just talking to my brother, and then for some reason I was like I wonder how Justin and Carissa are doing? I wonder if they have a blog? so I found it. Hope ya don't mind!

Brittany Schmidt said...

I love the black and white picture of little Matthew. He is adorable! I'm so glad that I got to meet him. Good work on his costume. So creative!

Nic said...

Holy Cow flashback from high school! Too funny! But great idea! Love his costume! And your little man is pretty darn cute! But I however think that I have the cutest little boy ever too!

Evans Family said...

I can't believe how much bigger he's gotten. It will be fun to see him at Thanksgiving! I love his little laugh too...there is nothing better than that. :)

Zachary and Rachel Toomey said...

HE IS SO ADORABLE. he is getting so big. I mean the last time we saw him he was sleeping a lot!!! hope we can see you guys really soon

Anonymous said...

Fun pictures, I can't wait to get my copies, and we love the video. Nothing like a babies laugh.

Unknown said...

Hey gang thanks for the updated video. He sure is a cute little fart. Can't wait to see him on Turkey day!

Nice pumpkins. Going to get a picture of mine now. Not to be too far outdone. Although next to Ryan's, uhhh, no contest.

Amanda Enkey said...

Just picture for a moment Jenn Murphy's face if she could see you and Justin- not only dressed up for Halloween, but in high school flashback wear complete with matching child. It make's it funnier. And your baby is ridiculously cute.