Oct. 2017

Oct. 2017

Sunday, October 18, 2009

The Need to Create

So, I have often thought back on the talk given to Relief Society last year about a woman's need/desire to create. It's something I had never thought about before but I really believe that to be true. I love to make things; there is such a satisfaction that comes when you can look at something and say I did that! This has been a week where I have gotten to say that a lot. I finished Matthew's Halloween costume which turned out pretty good. I could have made it better if I did it again but not having a real set pattern to go off of I think it turned out not too shabby. You will have to wait until Halloween to see a picture of it though.
I also decided to make my own fall decoration. I went to the craft store but didn't see anything I loved; so I made this:
I would also like to note that I did it without any paintbrushes.

And as requested, here is a picture of the Sleepy Wrap I made!

Matthew and I also drove up to Salt Lake to see Lindy at her dance camp. It was really fun to visit her and to see her dance. It was a really awesome workshop with great teachers. One of the instructors was Gev from So You Think You Can Dance!
And last but not least, what would a post be without a little video of a cute baby.

2 comments:

Shaina said...

It is so true! Making things is SO satisfying, especially when you can USE what you make!
Matthew's voice is so cute!

Anonymous said...

I can't wait to create something with you. We are still coming up with a project for Thanksgiving. Perhaps the lion could come to Thanksgiving also, and meet Maddi's horse. But they'll have to sleep outside with the cows.