Oct. 2017

Oct. 2017

Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Canning


This weekend I drove down to Rupert and had a canning party with the women of the family. It was a lot of fun to learn from them. Friday we started by doing a whole bunch of dry pack canning (sugar, flour, etc.) and then we made some jam and pie filling with boysenberries and huckleberries. That night we had a Boise State party; yes, we won the game!! Saturday we canned a whole bunch of applesauce and apple pie filling.









4 comments:

Evans Family said...

You beat me to the post! Probably because my life is CRAZY right now..haha Email me your pics...I didn't get any of the kids- oops! I had fun with ya...see ya at Thanksgiving!

Anonymous said...

Just for the record, Carissa's Mom generally looks much better than she does in that picture. But it is very representative of how I felt after 2 days of canning.

Tianna said...

Isn't it so much fun to get together with sisters, moms, and grandparents. Oh, and aunts too! I miss that being so far away. Looks like fun.

Nic said...

I didn't know you have family in Rupert. I do too. We used to live in Burley until I was in the 5th grade. What a boring place that is!